Google Trainer Application: Accepted!


I am so excited to announce that I have been officially accepted as a Google Certified Trainer! I was even going to write a speech for this moment, but there no words that will scream how excited I actually am! {I am just kidding about the speech part....maybe.}

How did I get started? How did I end up here?

I sat down a few months ago and generated a five year plan for myself. I posed the question:

Who do I want to become?


Since then, I generated a list of items I want to accomplish to become the person that I envision to be five years from now.

Among the list of accomplishments are:

  • developing my leadership skills
  • continue to educate myself and grow in the field of emerging media
  • obtain a series of certifications to valid my love for educational technology
The list above is of course only a snippet of what I desire. Since I sat down and envisioned myself 5 years from now, I went back to college and enrolled in the Educational Leadership Master's program with a concentration in emerging media and began to apply myself to working towards various certifications.....

...including Google. Although an avid user of Google, I took a year to really learn about the products inside and out. I also invested a great deal of time focusing on training educators about the many functionalities of GSuite. I took my time with the certifications and sat through the lessons {even though I thought I knew everything. It was amazing how much I did not know!}

I am an over-preparer though.

So if you have any questions about becoming a Google Certified Trainer, or if you have become a Google Certified Trainer and you have some insight to share, please leave them in the comments below.

Oh... and congrats Q4 graduating class of 2017!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sphero indi is My NEW Hero and free activity

Elementary Robots: Dance Like a Robot Unplugged Activity- FREE Resource

Creating Online Learning Adventures using Google Sites